Although some people have hyperhidrosis as a consequence of another medical condition. The majority of cases however are due to over-activity of the sympathetic nervous system. The treatment is relatively painless and takes between 30 – 45 minutes.
How safe is BTX- A?
The BTX- A in muscle relaxing injections is safe and has been used worldwide the last 10 years in the treatment of medical conditions as well as cosmetic procedures. These include conditions such as tension headaches, muscle spasms, over active bladder.
Price for axillary hyperhydrosis: from €500
What are the possible side effects and complications?
- Tenderness or bruising at the injection site may occur
- Transient headaches may occur
- Flu like symptoms may occur which are usually mild and subside in a few days
- Allergy is a theoretical risk but is virtually unknown
- Antibodies may be produced. In the event of this occurring the toxin becomes ineffective, but there are no other effects
Price from €500
Recommendations prior to your treatment
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before your treatment
- Do not take aspirin 24 hours prior to your treatment
- Do not touch or manipulate the area after treatment for 3-4 hours
- Remain in upright position for 3-4 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 12 hours
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment
After treatment, the effect of BTX- A usually persists for about 4 months before muscle activity is gradually resolved.
Contraindications to Treatment
- Breast feeding
- Infection in the treatment site
- Diseases affecting the muscles such as Myasthenia Gravis
- Blood clotting disorders or taking warfarin / aspirin
- Current Treatment with antibiotics such as amino glycosides